The State Treasurer’s Office (STO) has commissioned Kirvin Doak Communications and Bayen Group to redesign and modernize their College Savings Plan Program (529 Plan) website. The primary goal is to consolidate multiple disparate Nevada College Saving Plan websites into one centralized site providing an intuitive user experience for residents of the State of Nevada that will help to educate and provide all necessary information to drive participation in 529 Plans across the state.
- The STO oversees revenue and finances for over 3 million residents
- The target audience is future students, parents, grandparents or guardians in search of information and financial planning tools regarding higher education
- A one-stop shop that combines information on financial solutions, scholarship opportunities, savings plans and loan options
- Tools to help incoming students and their families navigate the financial path to college in the State of Nevada with the goal of promoting access to higher education for all Nevadans
- Website design and development – Bayen Group supported KDC as they met with the client, understood their vision and objectives, created mockup designs and content and continually collaborated with the client to develop the website in order to bring their mission to life.
- Web content management – Bayen Group setup, configured and supports all sites in scope which run on either the WordPress or Drupal web content management platforms.
- Unique Site Features:
- ‘Book an Appointment’ Feature – Bayen Group integrated the ability to book an appointment with program managers directly from the website. System is integrated with program managers Outlook calendars with allocated open time slots
- Learning Aids (manuals)
- ‘Request a Speaker’ Feature – Bayen Group integrated the ability to request a speaker to present at schools or to large or small groups either in person or virtually directly from the website. System automatically routes email request to appropriate subject matter expert
- Web hosting and website support – Bayen Group provides webhosting services for all sites in scope of the SOW.