Bayen Group was contracted to provide a multi-version SharePoint migration of a custom application tailored to the client’s specific, government-based needs. We conducted assessment, planning, migration, and support for their Buyer and Subcontract Administrator (SCA) Resource Management System. This platform provides their Supply Chain division with a comprehensive database to house all content relevant to their processes and operations.
Northrop Grumman is a global aerospace, defense and security company. The majority of their business is with the U.S. government, principally the Department of Defense and intelligence community. In addition, they deliver solutions to global and commercial customers.
- 90,000 employees and an annual revenue in excess of $30 billion
Migration from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online included:
- Migration of custom application including integration of SAP
- Upgrading out-of-date systems that would no longer function after SharePoint 2013 end of life including SharePoint workflow engine and InfoPath
- Expedited, multi-step migration from SharePoint 2013 directly to SharePoint Online (modern)
Bayen Group designed the Buyer/SCA Resource Management System for Northrop Grumman’s Supply Chain division to store and make accessible all content relevant to their operations. This platform serves as a Knowledge Base of all Standard Operating Procedures, forms, compliance requirements, and more.
Updates to this solution involved migrating it from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online and the Government Community Cloud (GCC) High. Our migration process entailed:
- Planning: worked closely with the client’s IT department to audit and document the current SharePoint environment and mapping out design of application migrations to utilize Power Automate, Power Apps and Power BI
- Setup: Conducting site collection and testing new SharePoint Online architecture as well as knowledge transfers; migration: this includes migrating data and converting custom code
- Validation: testing the application, mitigating any bugs, and providing change management.